Saturday, December 8, 2018

Facebook is cold inside

I've been getting so sick of going on Facebook and seeing the same garbage.  Tired, illogical political memes, ad's and selfies seem to be the only thing left.  I never really was bothered by selfies, I mean, at least it's original content.  Now, all the snarky memes making fun of them seems to have cause people to stop posting those.

I don't know why this hurts my heart so much right now.  It feels like society itself is letting me down.

"Baby, it's cold outside" was taken off of rotation on CBC, Bell, Rogers and other radio stations earlier in the week.  I thought that it should have never been played in the first place.  Didn't think it would be a big deal.  There's a lot more important things out there that deserve our attention.

But the following day, I saw memes by right wing people saying, "Left wingers listen to hardcore rap music, but "baby it's cold outside" is offensive?"  (those hardcore rap songs would also be taken off rotation if they were being played on Christmas songs.  Christians would complain, they'd take them off).  And I made these statements but then the next day it was the same memes, but different people, sometimes the same people I had talked to.  People saying, "what's next, 'I saw Santa kissing mommy'?", like, maybe if he was slipping something in to her drink, then yea, it should be banned.

Why are people so fucking stupid?

No comments: