Thursday, March 26, 2020

Every day it gets a little crazier

The past few weeks we've gone from everything is fine to if you go outside you might be fined.  Ok, at least not here, but other players around the world you need to get some sort of pass that says you have something essential to do, otherwise you're ordered to stay home.  I think I heard Alberta was fining people 1000$.  I've heard Germany has had strict regulations.

I still can work, we're just not supposed to have more than one trade working on a house at one time.  Chandra has lost a lot of clients and has been feeling depressed.  She got a letter saying that she's going to lose her license for 9 months.  Things around the house have been tense.  I'm trying to keep things in a happy place.  Talia has been out of school for a week and will be out for a few more.

I keep checking the numbers.  We're now over 2000 deaths a day.  Manitoba has 37 cases, no one has died yet, so that seems alright but it could start rising fast.  There is one person in critical condition.

The weather has been getting warmer and Canadians have already been cooped up in their homes all winter.  Trudeau gave a statement where he said, "Enough is enough, stay home".  I can see how for many it's tempting to get outside and enjoy a bit of fresh air and sun.  I played a couple rounds of disc golf on the weekend.  A lot of places are shutting down their parks because they're getting crowded.  People feel like it's a safe thing to do since it's outside and it's one of the last things that you can do since so many gyms and recreational businesses are shut down.  Then when everyone is doing it, it gets packed and becomes a problem.  I feel like as long as I'm going by myself and am being careful about not touching the basket, using hand sanitizer and not touching my face, I should be fine.  I can't help but feel judged now with the way people have been shunning others for not staying inside.

I haven't smoked weed for a year now.  Chandra has quit smoking and I think it's been over a month for her.  That's good, especially since smokers are more vulnerable to this lung illness.  Last year was a good year for me.  I've been feeling a lot stronger mentally and emotionally.

I do have an addiction to this golf clash game now.  It's kind of silly how serious I take it.  I could probably get a lot more done if I put it to the side.  In these dire, uncertain times, it feels like a waste of precious moments.  At the same time, it does keep me inside so I suppose it's not all negative.

No comments: