Thursday, September 25, 2008

9772: cool game and cool building

Here's an interesting zombie movie with a twist. It's interactive, just like those choose your own adventure books.

I also found this interesting. It's a short on dynamic architecture.

The site can be found here. The idea is that the whole building rotates, allowing it to generate electricity for it's own use and buildings around it.

It's funny because a while ago I had suggested to some people an idea where the air would travel up the building in to a turbine. I was playing with the idea, wondering about different shapes the building could be to maximize the efficiency, but seeing this video proved what I thought all along. I'm not the only one that thinks about this kind of stuff. Having the whole building rotate in sections is a brilliant way to utilize all the wind hitting the surface area. It also looks incredible, and it's piece by piece design is ingeniously efficient.

No comments: