Monday, May 11, 2009

10000

So, I'm 10,000 days old today. I didn't complete any of my goals :(

Since I started writing this blog, my wife left me and I lost my truck. I should write a country song.

But, after stumbling on the FMylife site, I can't help but feel disgusted at every single person that has to whine about the tiniest little things.

So, I try to remain positive.

I guess I should start a new blog, call it 20,000 days or something.

Maybe a billion seconds?

I was planning on doing a lot more writing, but I guess, with my current situation, it's hard to write anything without sounding like one of those whiners from that fmylife site.

I've been really depressed and I'm trying to get out of it.

Yesterday, I went for a good long bike ride. I checked out Kings park where most of the good trails were flooded over. A girl smiled at me, which was nice. I haven't had a girlfriend for a while now. I kinda just gave up.

:/

My cat can be such a bitch. She likes to sit on my lap when I'm on the computer but if I talk, laugh or type too much, she freaks out and attacks me.

She's like, "Pet me or die human!"

She's dragging her toy around right now, that means she wants to play fetch. I used to have a cat named Lynx. One day, I threw a cat toy and he brought it back, so I gave him a treat and that's how he learned how to play fetch, it was really unintended and coincidental. When we got Cinder, the cat I have now, I taught her how to jump on a pedestal on command. This was very easy, I used the words, "up, up, up" as the command words, and started with holding a treat over the chair. I did this every day, but got further and further back. Now, I just have to point, and tell her and she'll do it. Although, sometimes she just jumps up on whatever, and look at me like, "is this good enough?"



So, after I taught her how to do that, I thought I'd try to teach her how to play fetch. This was a lot harder then with Lynx, I remember showing her how to do it, and trying all sorts of different things. To get her to do it, I had to get her playing with the toy first. I remember the first time she brought it back, we had some friends over and I was telling them that I'm not sure if she'll ever do it. Then, in front of them, she brought it back for the first time. It was pretty cool.



The apartment we were living at the time didn't allow pets and we were trying to get away with having her with no one noticing. One day, they found out, and we had to send her to Amanda's aunt's for a while. When we moved to the apartment I'm living in now, Cinder forgot how to play fetch and I had to teach her all over again. Eventually she remembered and now, if she wants to play, she'll drag it to where I usually throw it, and then bring it back again, like she's just going through the motions.

No comments: