Thursday, August 6, 2009

What's so wrong about wearing a headset?

I stumbled on this article about wearing headsets in public. I've heard this again and again, that you just shouldn't leave one on. I really don't understand this. I find it strange that if you wear a golden hoop or put a metal piece through your eyelid, that's totally fine, but if that item has a function, an actual USE, then holy shit, that's just douchebaggery!

I personally don't have any piercings or tattoos. I don't see the point. I'm not going to decorate my body with holes and permanent ink to impress people. In the article, this is exactly the reason why you shouldn't wear a blue tooth headset in public. That it's saying, "hey, look at my cool gadget!" When, in my opinion, it's more of a convenience. Since I'm not allowed to talk on the phone while driving, a headset is just more practical and why should I feel like I need to take it off if I step outside of my vehicle. I don't care about what people think about me.

That being said, I don't actually have a bluetooth headset, but I use the old school method of ear buds with the microphone on the wire which leads to the phone. Of coarse, this is a little different because people are more comfortable with wearing ear buds since walkmans/discmans have been around a long time.

So I ask myself, why is it totally fine to walk around with some wires dangling to your pocket but it's not cool to use a wireless setup?

No comments: