Friday, July 11, 2008

9696

The 9696th day of my life. It has a nice ring to it. I wish I could commemorate this occasion, but I'm not sure how. Something to do with 6's and 9's....

cribbage?

lol

Part of the reason for keeping track of how many days old I am was to create goals before I reach 10,000. I haven't bothered to put them up here because I'm afraid that if I document them and then fail at them that, well, it just doesn't look good.

But I suppose that if I'm too afraid to list my goals for fear of failing them that from the broad perspective, it's a pretty weak attempt at tackling goals.

So here are the ones that I wrote down on paper when I started this thing:

1: Write as much as you can (was planning on doing this every day, but it's hard to find the time)

2: Learn how to play the guitar (have already started this, but I think I should make a more clear goal, like learn how to play an entire song on guitar)

3: fly (I really want to learn how to fly an ultralight. If, by the time I'm 30, I own a place outside of Winnipeg with a run-way and an ultralight, I will be a very, very happy man) For the sake of this goal, I think just going for a ride and seeing the costs would be good for now.

4: University, career analysis... This is a very broad goal. I'm 26 years old and while I make decent money as a carpenter, I really want to do something else. I just don't know what that is yet. The problem is that my aspirations change from day to day. I'm currently in the process of writing a book and I'm confident that it's a really great story, something unique and out of this world, but still relevant to every day life. I would love to learn more about writing and maybe go down that venture. Perhaps write a column for a magazine or website.

I really want to make a difference in the world too. I would love to learn how to make video games and put them to good use like the driver simulation idea. A good friend of mine was killed because of foolish driving and that is something that could have been avoided if the driver could have been trained better. It just really bothers me that the technology is there, yet vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death for people under the age of 35. Theres so much bloody money being poured in to cancer research and that's all well and good, but a simulation used to train drivers how to react in emergency situations would go miles to preventing young tragedies.

That particular idea, I'm pretty fond of. I've been told that I should pick something that I'm passionate about, and I really want to have a noble cause. I think that's what I want to do.

I'm not really sure how to go about doing it, or to see what progress has been made.

I think I'll look to the U of M for advice.

No comments: