Monday, July 14, 2008

9699: 46 + 2

I feel like I need to make a public statement. Like all my friends are looking at me to say the right thing and I'm sorting things out so I can say it right. This is not my public statement, I don't know what the right thing to say is, so this is just me trying to sort the situation out.

To smile and stride in the face of adversity is a great accomplishment.

Life is what we make of it.

Right now, I'm single again, independent, and feeling pretty good. Part of me is saying, "get upset." but I disagree. I mean sure, anytime I think, "my wife hooked up with a close friend of ours, one who was married as well, but where there separation wasn't as clean of a break.", it sounds like I should be freaking out.

but I'm looking at is an opportunity to get my ass in gear, shift in to a positive perspective and develop a stronger Caleb.

So I laugh it off, and move on. A little too quickly maybe, but the excitement of meeting new people is intense and I'm enjoying it.

I feel bad for the relationships that are messed up because of this, but that's not my fault at all. I hope the guys wife (I don't want to use any names out of respect) can get through this as well as I have.

When the dust settles, things will be different, and it's just way too complicated to predict how things will end up, but I'm sticking to my guns when I say I want to lose as few friends as possible. I'm going to try my best to stay level-headed and not step on any toes.

I probably have already and don't know it yet. I'm usually on top of things, but this is just way too complicated for my poor little brain, lol.

comedy is the cure, but it's so hard. Have you ever had that? Where you know you should cheer up, have a chuckle but it's so hard to get in that mode.

but, I'm going to keep at it, like a tug of war, I will fight off depression like it was a virus.

I'm going to end here. Maybe in the future, I'll give juicy details for any random people on the internet looking for entertainment through other peoples misery, but out of respect for the people that are really feeling miserable, I need to back off and just say,

Everything will be alright. It always is.

No comments: